According to the National Coffee Association, 2020 has seen an increase in the consumption of espresso based drinks. The trend in home brewing equipment has also changed. More people are moving away from traditional drip coffee machines and looking for single-cup brewers. To satisfy both of these coffee trends, consumers are turning to superautomatic espresso machines.
While there are a wide range of superautomatics to choose from, you need not go to the most expensive coffee maker to get a high quality espresso and espresso-based drinks. Read on to learn about three top selling super automatics that are under $1000 that will be sure to satisfy your caffeine needs.
Superautomatics Are the Ultimate Single Cup Brewers
If single-cup brewers is what you are looking for, then a superautomatic espresso machine will be sure to satisfy. Also known as bean to cup machines, superautomatics will, with the touch of one button, grind the beans, tamp, brew, and dispense the used coffee. Some models of superautomatics will also heat and froth milk for milk-based drinks like cappuccinos or lattes with one touch.
Unlike other single cup coffee makers, superautomatics are not using pods or cartridges that will end up in a landfills. In addition, models with milk-carafes or milk cups ensure that milk is not being wasted.
Best Entry Level Superautomatic of 2020 Under $1000 - Philips 2100 HD8652
The Saeco 2100 is the perfect machine anyone who is looking to start their journey into espresso or espresso makers. This machine may be small but the features it has are impressive. The return on investment on this machine is indisputable. The small footprint , 295 x 325 x 420 mm it is sure to fit under any kitchen cupboard and won’t take up the entire counter.
See the Philips 2100 Series HD8652 in action. Click here.
Best Features of the Philips 2100
- Coffees can be customized to your taste. You have total control over the length and strength of each drink. Whether you crave an espresso or americano, the Philips 2100 can deliver.
- The external milk container makes a creamy cappuccino with the push of a button. The best part is you can use any kind of milk you desire. When you are finished making your cappuccino, remove the milk cup and put it in the fridge so you don’t waste milk and keep it fresh.
- The unique one-touch carafe quick clean allows you to thoroughly rinse the milk system after every so you can rest assured about hygiene and food safety.
- The 100% ceramic grinders, will ensure precision for up to 20,000 cups.
- The price- at $699 the machine will pay for itself. If you are used to having one cappuccino at an average cost $4 / day at you local coffee shop, the machine will pay for itself in 6 months.
What the Philips 2100 Doesn't Have
- This machine does not come with a panarello therefore you cannot steam your milk manually limiting those who like their milk really really hot
- Small grounds drawer which will fill up quickly if you like to several coffees a day.
Best Mid Range Superautomatic of 2020 under $1000 - Philips 2200 Series EP2220/14
The Philips 2220/14 is superautomatic that won't disappoint. With an intuitive display and classic milk frother, you can turn your coffee experience can parallel any coffee experience in an upscale café.
Philips EP 2200/14
Best Features of the Philips 2200/14
- The classic milk frother (panarello) really gives you ultimate control in how you like your milk frothed (smooth as silk or foamy) and gives you extra control with milk temperature. With only two parts, it is easy to clean.
- You have choice in the strength and quantity of your beverage so you are all set whether you want a ristretto or lungo.
- The built in program tells you when its time to descale the machine and walks you through the steps.
- The aroma seal keeps beans fresh and reduces grinder noise.
- Easy front access to the grounds drawer.
What the Philips 2200 /14 Doesn't Have
- The ability to make milk-based drinks with one touch. The 2200 series does come with a LatteGo option. If the LatteGo feature is important to you, then we suggest moving to the 3200 series which is a bit more money but offers more coffee options.
Best Superautomatic of 2020 under $1000 - Philips 3200 LatteGo Series
This machine is really the top machine for those who love milk-based drinks. With the push of a button you can get your cappuccino or latté dispensed directly into your cup (even you to go cup) since the spout adjusts to different cup sizes easily. With this machine in your home, there is absolutely no reason to visit your local coffee shop.
Best Features of the Philips 3200 LatteGo
- Make up to five drinks with the push of a button
- Easy to use and intuitive display panel
- The bypass doser allows you to use ground coffee for those who may want a different coffee blend or want a decaf option
- The milk cup allows you to use any milk option you want and you can store any leftover milk in the fridge.
- Regular use of the AquaClean filter allows you to enjoy 5000 cups before you need to descale.
What the Philips 3200 LatteGo Doesn't Have
- The machine is a basic matte black finish. This look will disappoint hose who are picky about appliances matching or wanting a stainless finish.
What's Special About the Saeco / Philips Brand
Saeco has been an industry in the supeautomatic espresso machine division making fully automatic coffee makers since 1987. The Philips line is made with the same Italian tradition and attention to detail.
The two year warranty offered on these machines shows the confidence the Saeco-Philips brand has in their craftsmanship and production.
Removable Brew Unit
The removable brew unit is a patented trademark of the Saeco/Philips brand. The ability to easily remove the brew unit means it is easy to clean and maintain. This is important for both hygienic reasons but also makes any potential repairs easy.
Espresso Canada's Recommendation for Top Machines of 2020
Don't let a limited budget stop you from getting an espresso machine for your home or office. For those looking for a superautomatic under $1000, we offer three options:
- The entry level Philips 2100 -$699
- The mid-range Philips 2200/14 - $749
- The top end Philips 3200 LatteGo Series - $999
Each of these models have great features for the price. They will have you making coffee the way you like it, easily with the push of a button. It's time to:
save moneyby making great coffee at home
- save time by not having to stand in line or waiting at the drive-thru
- start enjoying coffee the way you like it and stop hoping the barista gets your order right.
If you love coffee and espresso based drinks, investing in a machine makes good sense. Contact usif you have any other questions about espresso machines.